Fire Damage Photo Gallery

3rd Floor Apartment Fire

After a fire on the 3rd story of an apartment in Camas caused the sprinklers to go off, these business owners were left with a huge mess. Our team of professionals got to work immediately to clean up the fire and water damage.

How do I clean up fire damage?

If you have fire damage, contact SERVPRO immediately to get someone on site to start assessing the damages. Once a walkthrough has been preformed, SERVPRO will explain an appropriate scope of services to complete all of the work. 

Fire Damage From Electrical Fire

This home suffered damage due to an electrical fire, as you can see from this photo. Our team was on site quickly and was able to make this home look "Like it never even happened."

Smoke Alarms

  • Three out of five home fire deaths in 2010-2014 were caused by fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
  • Working smoke alarms cut the risk of dying in reported home fires in half.
  • In fires considered large enough to activate the smoke alarm, hardwired alarms operated 94% of the time, while battery powered alarms operated 80% of the time.
  • When smoke alarms fail to operate, it is usually because batteries are missing, disconnected, or dead.
  • An ionization smoke alarm is generally more responsive to flaming fires and a photoelectric smoke alarm is generally more responsive to smoldering fires. For the best protection, or where extra time is needed to awaken or assist others, both types of alarms, or combination ionization and photoelectric alarms are recommended.  

Storage Fire

One of the biggest fires in Portland's recent history. SERVPRO of E. Vancouver / Clark Co. was called in to handle the contents for 36 of the 52 affected units.

Smoke Damage

The owners of this home had burned a lot of wood through their fireplace over the years which eventually caused a crack in the structure of the chimney. They never noticed the crack and continued to burn wood in the fireplace. A combination of a faulty chute and the draft of air the crack had caused triggered all the smoke to vent through the entire house instead of out the chimney. Normally we would bring in specialized cleaning products to clean all items and structure damaged by the smoke but one of the children living in the home had a very weak immune system and couldn't be around those products. Our crew was forced to take a different approach and cleaned all the contents and house with bleach water instead.

Garage Fire

A fire was started in the garage of this house due to faulty electrical wiring. The whole garage structure was burnt and had spread through the crawl space. Because of the age of the house our crew had to take extra precautions for asbestos. The owners had a lot of belongings and our crew had to due a complete pack out and inventory of all of it. We cleaned the house and then gutted the whole interior all the way down to the sub floor and the framing of the home. When the rebuild was complete was returned all of their belongings which had been cleaned, sanitized, and deodorized prior.

SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan

There is never a better time than now to call in SERVPRO Vancouver for our complimentory service. Our Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) is designed for both Residential and Commercial locations. We will put together a document combining all your emergency contacts in addition to local utilitie contacts in case of emergency. We privide easy to follow instructions and pictures of your own personal property that will help you find your emergency shut offs for electricity, water, and gas when applied. Call us today @ (360) 254-0049!

House Fire

People often think their belongings are destroyed after a fire this bad, but with SERVPRO's help you can get those nasty odors out of your remaining belongings while restoring them to their previous condition.