How To Classify a Fire
Fire Damage Classifications
Removal of property from a home or business depends on the type of damage sustained to the structure and personal items. Our team is trained to determine whether the cause was the heat and flames, smoke residues, or as a result of the effects to extinguish the fire. Each type of damage will also fall into three levels or categories of damage: Minor, Medium, and Major.
With Minor Damage
- There is little need for removal.
- The fire was restricted to a single room, quickly extinguished and small.
- Only small items like dish towels and perhaps the pot or pan where the fire started must be disposed of and replaced.
- Most of the restoration involves light cleaning of residue covered ceilings, walls, floors, counters and cabinets.
With Medium Damage
- More property is removed.
- The fire was larger, spread into other parts of the home, and took longer to extinguish.
- Larger items such as furniture and drywall panels are physically damaged and require disposal.
- The cleaning method requires stronger chemicals and tools like scrub brushes.
- Odors are very noticeable and require further cleaning to eliminate them.
With Major Damage
- Items near the origin of the fire are severely burnt and need immediate removal and disposal.
- Structural components such as framing also suffer physical damage.
- Smoke residues are so thick that some items may need to be cleaned using ultrasonic equipment or may not be able to be completely cleaned and require replacement.
- Odors may be so strong that eliminating them can be more expensive than the option of replacement.
- Removal of contents does not necessarily mean they must be disposed. We can move salvageable items or those that simply need cleaning to either an on-site storage container on their property or to storage at our facility while repairs are being completed.
We’re always here to help. Our goal is to address your restoration needs as professionally and quickly as possible. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get your property and life back to "Like it never even happened."