After a Home Fire, There Are Plenty of Cleaning Jobs To Go Around
Fire damage in a home is often less of a problem than smoke damage. The reason is simple. The fire may be small, but smoke travels everywhere. Everything smoke touches needs cleaning. Luckily, dry-cleaning solves this problem for many fabrics. They include:
- Drapes and other window dressings
- Tapestries and Persian carpets
- Clothing that you would dry clean
- Any other exposed material which requires dry cleaning
Removal and Cleaning Applies to More Than Fabrics
The general rule after a fire is to remove everything from the home that’s not nailed down. Attempting to clean anything in place only makes the situation worse. All content cleaning should happen outside the home, but where? Dry-cleaning is only part of the answer. Others are:
- Electronics cleaners for home entertainment equipment, computers, and appliances
- Sonic cleaners for window blinds and other non-porous non-electric items
- Art restoration specialists for paintings, sculptures and other artistic pieces
- Laundry service for everything washable
Don’t Bring Anything Back to Your Smoke-Damaged Home
Your home is still suffering from the effects of the fire. Don’t return your newly-cleaned items only to have them contaminated again. If your things are ready to pick up, you need to solve the problem of content storage. Before you go out looking for storage, try the following:
- See if the cleaner will hold your items as a courtesy. Free storage is the best of all the alternatives. Be appreciative.
- The cleaner will hold your items for a storage charge. You are going to pay someone for storage. Why not pay someone who knows how to take care of your items?
- The cleaner will not hold your items. Ask for any recommendations on storage conditions or facilities. Perhaps the cleaner would be willing to package your items for safe storage.
If your home has a fire, you will want the services of fire remediation experts located in the Orchards, WA, area. They will deal with the smoke and other damage and get you and your mountain of dry-cleaning home quickly.