A Pipe Broke at My Business, What Now?
When your business has water damage in Vancouver, WA, it can be overwhelming. The amount of loss you incur depends both on how long the bursting pipes are gushing water, and how long before the cleaning process begins. It is important to know what actions to take immediately, such as fix the broken pipe, and what could occur if you do not, including mold and secondary damage.
Steps to Take Immediately
As soon as you become aware of the water problem at your commercial property, there are steps to take to reduce further damage and save money:
• Contact a water restoration service as soon as possible. This type of company will arrange to be on site, typically within four hours.
• After the specialists arrive, the process includes stopping the source of the problem, such as repairing bursting pipes. Then the damage will be assessed, water extracted, premises dried and items restored to prior condition when possible.
• The majority of insurance companies cover loss from water damage. This phone call should be made as soon as time allows.
Problems From Waiting too Long
If the water is left sitting for an extended time, whether you are unaware of the problem or choose not to take immediate action, secondary damage may occur:
• Mold infestation is a serious concern when water is left to sit. Mold can quickly spread, causing further damage to other parts of the building that were not initially impacted by the standing water.
• Standing water may cause irreparable destruction to appliances, electrical systems, foundations, ceilings or walls.
As soon as you are aware of bursting pipes causing water damage in Vancouver, WA, it is critical to take immediate action. Acting right away will allow your business to be up and running as soon as possible. It will also prevent secondary damage and mold from occurring, which could lead to a more time intensive and expensive process. For more information, visit http://www.SERVPROevancouverclarkco.com/.